We have three fantastic webinars coming soon. Registrations will be available from 21 June on this page.
1) Supporting EALD students in the classroom
Wednesday 20/07/2022 3:30-4:30 pm AEST (Brisbane)
Presented by Athena Panagapoulos and Elizabeth Lorraway
Across the world, there are 6909 languages spoken, each with their own individual characteristics. But what does that mean for our English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD) learners, especially those with Language Disorder, and how do we support them in the classroom context for optimal learning?
This webinar will include:
- Who are our EALD students?
- What are some considerations around EALD communication?
- Strategies to support EALD students including those with Language Disorder in the classroom
2) Transitioning to High School
Wednesday 27/07/2022 3:30-4:30 pm AEST (Brisbane)
Presented by Edwina Crowe and Karen Gibson
More information to come soon
3) Sentence Structure
Wednesday 03/08/2022 3:30-4:30 pm AEST (Brisbane)
Presented by Elizabeth Lorraway and Athena Panagopoulos
In this webinar, two of our speech pathologists will be discussing the importance of sentence structure. Sentence structure is also commonly referred to as ‘syntax’ which refers to the rules that govern word order in a sentence. Students with Language Disorder or associated difficulties may present with difficulties using complete or correct sentences. In this webinar we will look at the following:
- What is sentence structure?
- The importance of verbal sentence structure as a precursor to written sentence structure
- Strategies to increase sentence length, complexity and the variety of word classes used