During the Visit
During school visits, our team are able to provide services for up to four students per day. On our visit, we will:
- Conduct observations of the students in the classroom.
- Complete informal assessments with students. The assessment takes approximately one hour to complete and covers a range of areas related to classroom participation and functioning.
- Hold collaborative meetings with key stakeholders where student strengths and challenges are identified, and discuss priority areas for support within the school setting.
The service is complementary to programs already in place in schools. The team actively promote the participation of all key stakeholders, including any allied health professionals that may be a part of the school team.
Following the visit
Schools receive multidisciplinary reports that contain individualised support strategies, resources and recommendations for each of the priority areas identified for that student. These reports can be utilised for a variety of purposes, including:
- The implementation of support strategies and adjustments for the student.
- Small group or whole class level support.
- Data collection.
- Evidence for Criterion 2 in the Queensland verification process.
- Supporting students with similar difficulties in the classroom.